What are we doing?
- We are planning to bring in and help settle two families of four to six persons
- They will be refugees, registered by the United Nations
When will this happen?
- The families could arrive in the early months of 2016
How do we do this?
- Our group is responsible for half of the first year’s costs for the family. The federal government pays the other half of the costs
- Our fundraising goal is about $20,000, depending on the size of the family
How can you help?
- Make a donation
- Mailed to or dropped off at Trinity Anglican Church, 1230 Bank Street, Ottawa ON K1S 3Y3
(office hours: 10 am – 2 pm. Tuesday to Thursday)
- Donate online by clicking here (type the amount of your gift in the Refugees box)
- Tax receipts will be issued in February by Trinity Anglican Church
- Other assistance will be gratefully received
- People are needed as we prepare for the arrival of the family and then help them to begin their new life in Canada
Please let us know if you can help in any way
Who are we?
- An ecumenical group started in the spring of 2015
- Our members and supporters include members from local churches and mosques, as well as people with no religious affiliation
- We are working through the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa. The Diocese has a Sponsorship Agreement Holder arrangement with the federal government